Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Stranger's Voice

If God said it, then I BELIEVE it!

Have you ever wondered why when you talk to another Christian, their conversations are sometimes more negative than a non-believer?

I know when I call on a friend for encouragement, that's exactly what I want encouragement, direction and scripture to help me overcome my current dilemma. Don't you? I mean who wants to talk with someone that will further beat them down by depressing them even more?

Like, "wow, that's horrible," or "Girl, you can't do that!." I've seen so many times where People give praise reports on health, family, fianances and business and someone will reply with negativity about the "what if's" and "the world just isn't like that," comments.

God is bigger than the world!

He declares that "greater is He that is within you, than he that is in the world."

I'm not so holier than thou to think that some things aren't suppose to be. BUT, if a person tells me that God blessed them, then who am I to say otherwise? If God brought it to you, He'll bring you through it!

Our attitude is the largest contributor to what we say and do. Our thoughts determine our actions and believe it or not, people want to be associated with positive, encouraging and integrity based individuals.

Christian means to be "Christ like." Christ didn't have a bad attitude, He didn't speak negative words into the lives of those He was in contact with. He was a Motivator, a peace maker and a teacher.

Psalms 125:1 reads: "Those who trust in the LORD are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever."

Therefore remember, the next time you're talking to a fellow Christian, make sure you speak the words of encouragement they long for! Make sure you're the confirmation they receive after praying and reading the bible.

For those of you who seek widsom, understanding, faith, encouragement and belief... consider the voice you listen to, because a stranger's voice is any voice that disagrees with Jesus' voice in your life.

Biblical Reference: John 10:4

Author: Regina Baker, Copyright 2005

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Tom said...

An excellent post Regina. I hope folks in Houston (and elsewhere) heed your advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home